Thursday 16 October 2014

Getting to know me just a little bit more!

Alright so now you know me just a little bit more I thought I would share some interesting stories that I have had the pleasure of experiencing over the past nearly 15 years! The first of course is:

Living in Dubai:
Yes you read that right! I used to live in Dubai, UAE. (It's as glamorous as it looks)

I lived there when I was 5-7 so only 2 years but it was a great experience all the same. Firstly over there, there are no schools as such, only private schools. So I attended a school called the Dubai British School which was (as you can tell by the name) an English speaking school, which helped a lot considering I was only 5 not exactly gonna be able to speak Arabic fluently just yet. So I was put in the class 1a which meant nothing just a split class I guess and my mam got a job as a teaching assistant in class 1b so I wasn't with her but saw her all the time! My dad worked for a company called Higgs and Hill, a subcompany for the massive company BAM, which he works for now in a much better job. When he was working for Higgs and hill he helped to build the Movenpick in the Ibn Battuta Gate:

So that was all well and good until my mam and dad split up which ended our time in Dubai as we couldn't afford to stay there on our own (my dads company had payed for all the insurance and bills) so we moved back to the great place which is England and quickly got a house that I am still living in now! 

So yeah! There are plenty of interesting stories that I could tell you about my time on Dubai, not just from living there but from visiting often on holidays (I went this summer for example) so yeah if you would like to see some stories then stay tuned for more stories to be told!

No comments:

Post a Comment