Wednesday 6 May 2015

DofE Talk!

Hello! So today I thought I would show you my kit that I have for my bronze dofe walk and talk a little bit about the walk and preparations for the walk itself, sound cool? Let's go!

So the first thing is kind of a torch type thing, it's basically a glow stick that's powered by electric and it flashes, glows even has a whistle on the bottom so I will be fully prepared if we were to come across a rave!
These are my plastic knife, fork and spoons and obviously these are for eating because A metal tools are heavy and B these are handy and cool!
WHOOOO hot chocolate! This is just to drink as I desire across the trip!
My personal first aid kit, in my whole group I'm the only one with a first aid kit, I guess I'm going to have to be Dr. Jake on this walk!
A compass Incase we get terribly lost, then we head east and we'll eventually end up at the coast! Good plan Jake
This is a tin opener for anyone stupid enough to bring tins without a tin opener, and before you ask, no I have no idea how it works!
Incase a fire needs to be lit I have my trusty fire lighter to do the job!
A multi-tool, this has no effect on anything major and I don't even know if I'll use it, but it's useful just incase!
FOOD! Arguably the best piece of ki to bring on this expedition, I have a smoked sausage that doesn't need refrigerating so is perfect for walks, I have American style hotdogs which just need a little heating up or are fine to eat in their own, I have some rice which can also be eaten cold if something was to happen and finally chilli noodles to mix with the sausage for a big meal at the night time! I am getting more stuff before the walk so I'll update this food part to show you more food that I got!
Walking trousers! Enough said I think...
Mess tins! To eat out of and store things safely in my bag which may be fragile!
Walking socks, to help with feet and stuff, yeah!
Sunglasses, probably won't be used as we live in England but good to have just incase.
Lantern, this is my main torch as it pulls up to be a lantern but the bottom of it is a torch, clever right!
Spare walking trousers, Incase mine get wet somehow!
Sleeping bag, to sleep... I think?
Over trousers, Incase of bad rain and stuff!
Waterproof rain cover for my bag, this will keep in dry if it was to rain! I also keep this at the front of my bag so if it was to rain I get access it quickly!
Water hump/hydration pack, this goes in you bag filled with water so it is easy to drink, pretty useful while walking!
And the bag itself, I have a red Karrimor Orkney 65L Rucksack and it is amazing, there are lots of pockets to put things in and it's just a good bag! I recommend this as it is very cheap at only £35
So there you have it! That is all my supplies for my DofE walk, we do have our cooking stoves and tents to go in but we get those on the day of the walk that's why they're not on this blog post, if I get some more items to go in my bag I will update this blog post with some more goodies! That's all for now, thanks for reading! 
Smell you later, Jake!

1 comment:

  1. Oh crap I only have a bag and a few other random things... I'm so unprepared xD this is like a little haul Jake, you're taking after me! ;)

    ReplyDelete